I had a couple discussions on the war in Afghanistan over the weekend. I was suprised on how much some people knew about the war and then again I was was suprised about how really dumb founded my friends actually are on the subject. I accidently started a conversation with one of my neighbors I never really talked to before.after he started talking and he diddnt stop antime soon after. i think i fell asleep a couple times during the conversation. It was like sitting through Mr. Ecklehoefers class. He was talking about how afghanistan's relys on the export on poppy to survive and the war isnt going to end any time soon because everything in Afghanistan is so corrupt. He was also talking about how we dont here that much about the war and lots of important things thay may affect our lives are rejected from the news. I was suprised he was so interested in politics and the war.
I also had a conversation with some of my friends when we were partying too. A few of my friends think we should pull out of the war because they said it's a war for nothing. They think we are throwing our money down the drain. One of my other friends thought the war is over oil.I told him that was the war in Iraq. Im suprised some people dont really know anything abouy it. I was telling them about how we are teaching the people there to defend theirselves and they thought it was a good idea. Another friend Said there's no hope and we should Nuke them all. But that guys opinion diddnt count because he was wasted. Then they started up on conspiracy theories and the coversation went another way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Blake – Word to the wise, if you are going to have a conversation regarding such a divided issue, it would help if all people involved were somewhat coherent. It is amazing how much you can learn from other people that you see every day (neighbor in your case) and how much people do know regarding key issues in this country. I am glad you had that conversation. I am also glad that you had a conversation with your peers and came to the realization that not all people know what is going on in the world. On the other hand, be sure to proofread your response. Content 5; Organization 4; Total 27/36.
ReplyDelete